Project full name: Sustainable ecosysteM for the Adoption, Ramp-up and Transfer of Emerging Electronics Solutions
Project acronym: SmartEEs
Call identifier: SmartEEs203-2020 call
Grant agreement number: 872076
Publication date: 6 March 2020
Deadlines and cut-off dates:
|1st cut-off||5 June 2020|
|2nd cut-off||23 September 2020|
|3rd cut-off||15 January 2021|
|4th cut-off||7 May 2021|
|5th cut-off||31 August 2021|
IMPORTANT: SmartEEs2 project would like to directly contribute to reducing spread of COVID–19 and other viruses with flexible & wearable electronics as solutions in the field of prevention, diagnostics, therapy, etc.
Therefore, SmartEEs2 will preferentially support a minimum of 2 Application Experiment proposals related to this thematic particularly under the 1st cut-off date; and possibly more proposals in subsequent cut-offs.
Expected duration of participation: 9-12 months of Application Experiment implementation following successful definition of the Joint Implementation Plan and signature of the Service Delivery Agreement
Total EU funding available: The financial support available for an Application Experiment is up to €100 000:
- Up to €60 000 worth of technical services delivered directly by the SmartEEs community or by third party suppliers affiliated to the SmartEEs Community in the form of a Voucher
- Up to €20 000 Voucher assigned to the Innovative Company for technical activities integrating above technical services and directly related to the product prototyping / support to manufacturing activities (Deliverable 1 of the Application Experiment)
- Up to €20 000 assigned for non-technical activities related to the setting-up of the exploitation plan (Deliverable 2 of the Application Experiment):
- In the form of a Voucher if activities are carried out directly and fully by the Innovative Company (in case the Innovative Company has all required competences to establish a comprehensive Exploitation Plan),
- or alternatively delivered directly as a comprehensive non-technical service by the SmartEEs2 consortium.
The financial support of the Application Experiment will be complemented by the in-Kind contribution of all third party benefiting from the Voucher (being suppliers of services or Innovative Companies), complying with the H2020 funding rules (70% funding rate of eligible costs for private organisations). This can be translated as follows for the 3 cases described above:
- Case 1.: The third-party supplier will provide €25 000 in-kind contribution. Hence, the Voucher (€60 000) will represent 70% of the total financing for its services (€85 000)
- Case 2.: The Innovative Company will provide €8500 in-kind contribution. Hence, the Voucher (€20 000) will represent 70% of the total financing for its activities (€28 500)
- Case 2. + Case 3.a.: The Innovative Company will provide €17 000 in-kind contribution. Hence, the Voucher (€40 000) will represent 70% of the total financing for its activities (€57 000).
Submission process: Applicants are required to:
- Register through the submission software at https://apply.smartees2.eu;
- Download Application Form from the software;
- Complete the Application Form, save it as a PDF file (MAX 5 pages), upload it and submit it through the submission software.
Evaluation process: Any submitted proposal will be evaluated by 3 evaluators in the nearest cut-off. All proposals will be evaluated (scores ranging from 0 to 5) according to the following criteria:
The maximum overall score is 15. The standard threshold for individual criteria is 3, and the standard overall threshold, applying to the sum of the three individual scores, is 9. The average of the 3 scores given by evaluators per section and total will be calculated for each proposal. Proposals failing to achieve the threshold score per individual criteria and the overall threshold will be rejected. Proposals will be ranked according to the overall scores in descending order.
The most successful proposals, having passed the evaluation and technical feasibility check, will be offered the chance to negotiate and define a Joint Implementation Plan (JIP) with the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) assigned by SmartEEs2.
Evaluation will be returned approximately 8 weeks from submission deadline.
Task description: SmartEEs2, a European acceleration program, is organising an open Call for Application Experiments with the objective of providing support to Innovative Companies to digitalise their businesses and access new markets by integrating Flexible and Wearable Electronics technologies (FWE) into advanced products / series of products and services.
Interested companies can apply to one of the following two topics:
- EXPERIMENTING AND TESTING END-PRODUCT IDEAS WITH FWE TECHNOLOGIES
- SUPPORT TO MANUFACTURING OF FWE BASED END-PRODUCTS INCLUDING UPSCALING
Important notice for applicants applying to both topics:
- SmartEEs2 project would like to directly contribute to reducing spread of COVID–19 and other viruses with flexible & wearable electronics as solutions in the field of prevention, diagnostics, therapy, etc. Therefore, SmartEEs2 will preferentially support a minimum of 2 Application Experiment proposals related to this thematic particularly under the 1st cut-off date.
- Applicants are requested to contact Helpdesk prior to applying to the Call for AEs in order to check technical and business feasibility / scope of their ideas. The feasibility check will be performed by SmartEEs2 technical and business experts.