Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) would like to inform initiative groups and organizations of the community of people who use psychoactive substances, as well as organizations working in drug policy and harm reduction field in CEECA region, about the possibility of receiving resource assistance/funding for the activities, related to the advocacy activities that address human right violations during Covid-19 in CEECA region.
The assistance is provided by the Secretariat of EHRA as part of the project “We Will Not End AIDS Until We Adopt Harm Reduction and End the War on Drugs” of the International Harm Reduction Consortium, which now involves eight international and regional networks of people who use drugs and harm reduction and drug policy organizations, such as International Drug Policy Consortium (IDPC), European Network of People who Use Drugs (EuroNPUD), Eurasian Drug Users Network (ENPUD), Youth RISE, Harm Reduction International (HRI), Middle East and North Africa Harm Reduction Association (MENAHRA), Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA), and Women and Harm Reduction International Network (WHRIN). The Harm Reduction Consortium exists to challenge the global war on drugs (the critical factor affecting the rights of people who use drugs), to scale-up access to HIV-related harm reduction services, and to advocate for greater resources for harm reduction.
Applicant should select one of the topics of interest:
- Human rights violations of PWUD related with street policing (criminalization of PWUD) during Covid-2019;
- Human rights violations of PWUD related with barriers to access treatment and other health services, including harm reduction services during Covid-2019;
- Human rights violations of PWUD related with poverty, unemployment and homelessness of PWUD during Covid-2019;
- Human rights violations of women who use drugs during Covid-2019
LIST OF POSSIBLE ACTIVITIES (These are just examples. You can suggest you own activities as well):
- Documentation of human rights violation cases;
- Submission of human right violation cases to human rights bodies;
- Training, seminar on documentation of human rights violation cases;
- National advocacy activities that address human right violations (roundtable discussion, seminar, conference)
- Awareness raising campaign;
IMPLEMENTATION TIME: March – September, 2021
LANGUAGES: Russian and English
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS:
- Be registered in one of the 29 countries of the Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia region; in case of initiative group it should have a financial agent registered in one of the countries of CEECA;
- Only NGOs, non-for-profit organizations can apply. Initiative groups also can apply, but their financial agent should be NGO or non-for-profit organization.
- Work with/represent/provide services/advocate for the needs of key populations on the national level;
- Describe the problem statement for advocacy of chosen thematic priority;
- Identify the goal, objective and key activities of the small grant.
The total budget for sub-grants is $18 000. 4 groups/organizations will be selected to receive the funding in the amount of 4,500 USD each for a period up to 7 months.
Deadline for submitting applications: 24th February, 2021, 11:59 p.m. CET
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SMALL GRANT?
To apply, please send to email@example.com till 24th February, 2021, 11:59 P.M. CET the following documents:
1) Filled application form, signed with the organization director or responsible representative;
2) Annex I – Organizational registration document.
Applicants who will submit not full package of application documents, won’t be considered as tender participants!