We are very happy to announce our call for proposals for new members of the Fund for Youth Organizations (FYO)!
The FYO is a three-year program designed to support youth-led organizations in the Western Balkans (WB6). It is meant to lower thresholds for young people to assume greater social responsibility. Central for the attainment of this goal is the support for youth organizations to become central actors of civil society. Between 2020 and 2022, 22 grants will be awarded to enable at least 8 different youth organizations to implement activities that are embedded in annual work plans. A grant is meant to fund an organization’s structural costs as well as activities.
Currently, the FYO is supporting 6 partner organizations. In order to introduce two new members to the fund, SHL is inviting eligible organizations to submit proposals. Organizations can submit no more than one proposal each.
Duration and Size of Grant
• The financial support for any individual organization will be in the range of 6.000 € to 12.000 €.
• SHL funding should cover a minimum period of 6 months. The earliest start is May 2021 and project implementation needs to end in 2021.
• If the cooperation between Schüler Helfen Leben and the respective youth organization is successful, an increased follow-up grant covering the whole of 2022 may be offered.
Youth organizations are subject to the following requirements:
• Leadership must not be older than 30 years
• Successful implementation of projects with a combined funding volume of at least 5.000 € over the last two years (2019-2020)
• Reliable and participatory structures based in statute and daily practice
• Access for young people without regard of religious affiliation, sex, nationality, and social background
• No affiliation with political parties or the military and neutrality in that regard
• Official registration as a civil society or non-profit organization in the respective country
• The geographical area of support through the FYO is limited to the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Serbia.
More information and application forms available in Call for Proposals 2021 document.