Call title: REACH 1st Open Call
Project full name: EuRopEAn incubator for trusted and secure data value CHains
Project acronym: REACH
Project grant agreement number: 951981
Publication date: 16 November 2020
Deadline: 15 February 2021, 12:00 (Brussels time)
Expected duration of participation: 11 months through a 4-phase incubation process
Total EU funding available: €3 500 000 to be distributed in three open calls.
The REACH Incubator has a €3.5 Million fund to foster the creation of data value chains across Europe and be distributed in three open calls.
Submission & evaluation process:
The call will fund the execution of projects led by SMEs including a Data Value Chain (DVC) scenario where value is created from the sharing of data, proposing innovative products and services making use of Big Data tools but also adhering to one of the participation tracks defined below.
The program is looking for 30 promising big data startups and SMEs to take part in its first round of incubation.
Interested startups and SMEs have three ways of applying and participating in REACH Incubator:
- THEME-DRIVEN (Track 1): REACH consortium has in collaboration with the 3 leading European Digital Innovation Hubs onboard defined the cross-sectorial Data Value Chain (DVC) themes to be tackled by participants. DVC themes available in the first open call are tourism & entertainment, energy, retail, healthcare & insurance, health, manufacturing/industry.
- READY-MADE (Track 2): Applications will deal with challenges defined by the REACH Data Providers according to the needs detected in their market (JOT Internet Media, Migros Ticaret A.Ş., Sonae MC, Yapı Kredi Teknoloji, De Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroeporganisatie nv (VRT), Play&go experience, Idea75, Almerys, Biscay Government).
- FREE CHOICE (Track 3): Applicants will devise novel DVCs by bringing their own data provider/s and/or their own datasets with those already facilitated within the REACH Data Catalogue. The applicant, a single SME, will apply together with their own Data Provider/s (at least one) proposing a joint challenge to be solved.
The submission process consists in completing an application form available at F6S portal before the call deadline.
The evaluation process is fully detailed in section 6 in the guidelines for applicants. Please, carefully read them before submitting your proposal.
Further information: Doubts or questions? Have a look at the FAQ section on our website, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or participate in any of the 2 info webinars planned for the 16th December and 26th January at 13.00 CET. Do not miss the date!
REACH is an incubation programme that will create a fertile ground for startups and SMEs to solve real-world challenges of large corporations and conduct experimentation of secured and trusted data-fuelled solutions which utilise proprietary, often multi-stakeholder, industrial and personal data.
The REACH Incubator provides the following benefits:
- Up to €120 000 in Equity Free Funding
- Access to Large Corporations and their Industrial data sets
- Access to Digital and Business Skills
- REACH toolbox for secure and trusted data value chains
- Big Data Computing Infrastructure
- Access to Private Investment
The programme takes startups through 4 intense stages of technical and business growth (EXPLORE, EXPERIMENT, EVOLVE and EXPOSE) over 11 months.
REACH has been conceived as a 4-phase incubation/acceleration programme: EXPLORE > EXPERIMENT > EVOLVE > EXPOSE, in which the selected SMEs will be offered a set of technical and business services to develop an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) and reach a high technology maturity level for their solution but also a high market and investment readiness level (MRL & IRL).
REACH will support the selected applicant through a 11-month programme where experts in diverse fields will provide a successful working methodology, access to top infrastructure and services, training in business and data related topics, coaching, mentoring, visibility and community building support.
Each company funded will receive up to €100 000 depending on the stage reached in the incubation process under a lump sum scheme, based on the approval of different milestones or KPIs and along the funnel approach. In the case that the company wins the REACH Best Experiment Grant, will receive additional €20 000, i.e. up to a maximum of €120 000.