The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges (MFMC) has launched a grant program to support communication projects which advance the transition to a low carbon economy.
MFMC supports projects that support urgent, large-scale transformation, with a focus on changing policies and practices in public or private institutions.
The foundation’s priorities for the 2019-2023 period are to:
- Encourage and support innovation in climate communication;
- Increase the number of voices and narratives in climate advocacy;
- Help strengthen social and political movements that open up for radical change;
- Concentrate on supporting European proposals.
- The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges – small grants: It is possible to apply for smaller grants of up to EUR 10,000, provided that the application falls within the strategic aims of MFMC.
- The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges – larger grants (step 1): The foundation is looking for projects above EUR 10,000 – typically in the range of €20,000 to €200,000, although larger projects may be considered. The foundation will only consider applications that clearly fall under its strategy.
The Minor foundation supports communication projects that
- Aim to reduce GHG emissions in line with the urgent transformation required;
- Lead to policy or behavioural change among decisionmakers or lead to changes in policies or practices in public or private institutions;
- Increase the public’s support for climate policy measures;
- Are otherwise difficult to fund.
- The Foundation supports advocates of climate change mitigation. The calls for applications are open to international applicants.
For more information, visit https://unifor.no/stiftelser/the-minor-foundation-for-major-challenges/?_sf_s=Minor