Are you a deeptech innovator with solutions for the media and creative industries?
Join our third and last open call!
The MediaMotorEurope (MME) final Open Call is here
Don’t miss the chance to be part of a programme that has been supporting deeptech startups/scaleups in the media sector for the last year. 40 of them have already been selected and we’re now looking for the final promising 20!
The last suport cycle of MME will once again offer 6 months of dedicated coaching, support and guidance for mediatech startups, and much, much more!
Who are we looking for?
MME is looking for innovative European deeptech startups and scaleups targeting some of the biggest challenges and needs that the media sector faces, such as:
The fight against misinformation and fake news
Improved accessibility and inclusion of media services for people with disabilities
More advanced human machine interaction
Better protection of personal data through new technologies
Transition towards a data-driven media 4.0 market
What do we offer?
The intensive mentoring programme aims to bring deeptech innovators from an MVP to a growing company together with candidate clients in the media sector and potential investors.
Selected startups and scaleups get:
Dedicated coaching to support upscaling the business and soft-landing to new markets
Tailored support and guidance to the startups’ needs and challenges, improving skills in areas such as product-market fit, legal aspects, pitching readiness, fundraising, product development, strategic management, internationalisation, UX and Design, etc.
Matchmaking with media & creative corporations and public procurement support
Meetings and networking opportunities with investors
Pitching and showcasing at major media events, such as Slush, IBC, Digital Media Days and New Radio Day, as well as Mediatech on Stage
The chance to win tickets to relevant international conferences of high impact
Vouchers of up to EUR 600 to support travel costs to events (if health/safety regulations allow)
When does the programme run?
The MME mentoring programme will bring you remote sessions and workshops along a 6-month time-span. The third support cycle will take place between July and December 2021.
Applications close on 27 May 2021 at 17:00 CEST (Brussels time)
Please read the terms and conditions and eligibility criteria before applying.
Eligibility criteria for candidate startups / scaleups
- The venture has been incorporated into a company or procedures for its incorporation have been initiated (i.e., is under corporation).
- The company must be incorporated (or under incorporation) in a country belonging to EU-28 member states, including H2020 associated countries. UK-based startups are eligible.
- At least two members of the company, founder(s) together with any existing employee(s), are committed to the venture proposed.
- The venture presented includes deep technology development activities or activities that apply recently developed technologies to formulate novel marketable products/services.
- The venture holds a product/service which is a minimum viable one (MVP) with respect to its use in a real market application.
- Should the amount of qualifiable companies exceed the available positions for an intake, then priority is given to companies no older than four years old at the time of the open call’s deadline for submission.
- Should the amount of qualifiable companies exceed the available positions for an intake, then priority will be given to companies for which external funding doesn’t exceed €1.5M.
Terms and conditions
- No fees are considered for participation in the support programme.
- The applicant suggests a technology-oriented venture.
- The applicant includes a team of at least two persons committed to the venture.
- The applicant submits a single submission. No multiple submissions are permitted by the same applicant.
- The applicant and its founders and team members must legally reside in an EU-28 country or in a country associated with the H2020 framework programme. UK-based startups are eligible.
- All team members of the applicant must be older than the age of 18.
- The content submitted by the applicant must be the original work solely by the applicant. By submitting an application, each applicant, including its members, represents and warrants to MediaMotorEurope that she or he has all right, title and/or interest in the content submitted, the start-up/scale-up, and business plan, and that by submitting an application she or he is not and will not be violating any contract or third party rights, including but not limited to any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, publicity or privacy right, or disclosing any proprietary or confidential information of another person or entity.
- The applicant must disclose any funding (other than equity participation of the founding members in the share capital of the company) received prior to the date of submission.
- The Submission must take place online via the F6S platform (unique entry point) within the stipulated dates (Start-End of submissions upload). No late submissions will be accepted and evaluated.
- If an applicant has been selected as one of the participating teams of the support programme, at least one Founder/C-level member of the participating team must be present at all sessions included in the programme.
- MediaMotorEurope’s board reserves the right to disqualify at any time any submission that in its judgment violates any term and condition specified by this open call. The decisions of MediaMotorEurope’s board are final. Any violation of a term and/or condition of this open call at any time during or after submission will disqualify an applicant and result in forfeiture of any prize or benefit awarded in case it has been selected and has become a “participating team”.
- Any participating team or participating team’s member engaging in immoral activities, including lying, cheating or any activity that may adversely affect the image of MediaMotorEurope support programme, will be disqualified at the discretion of MediaMotorEurope’s board.
- Prior to submitting an application, the applicants are strongly recommended to take all necessary means to ensure adequate protection of any intellectual property described in their submission (i.e. appropriate intellectual property filings, patent and copyright notices, etc.)
- The written content included in the submission (including the identities of the applicant’s participating team members, the written content and any images attached) is considered confidential to the MediaMotorEurope project team and the European Commission. Should an applicant be selected and become a participating team, a short resume of the content and other basic information (website, logo, founders’ name, etc.) will be prepared under the responsibility of the participating team, which will be shared by MediaMotorEurope for publicity purposes. Any work to be conducted during any portion of the support program may be shared by MediaMotorEurope for any competition or publicity purpose, and will not be considered confidential.
- The applicants can develop their ventures using only technologies that they have permission to use. This could mean that they created the technology, or that they have the explicit (i.e. written) permission of the person or entity that owns the corresponding intellectual property to use it in the way they may have described in their application.
- Participating teams agree to use any support programme’s prize or benefit received to further develop their venture.
- MediaMotorEurope shall be held harmless by each participating team’s member in the event of legal action involving the participating team or its submission.
- MediaMotorEurope is not responsible in any way for agreements between applicants or applicants’ members and third parties.
- MediaMotorEurope will not organise any large trials for any participating team as part of its programme. If a team wants to organise a trial this will have to be managed independently. MediaMotorEurope can only ensure guidance and advice regarding protection of personal data in this matter.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL (i) MEDIAMOTOREUROPE, ITS BOARD, BODIES, PARTNERS, STAFF, (ii) THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION, (iii) THE SUPPORT PROGRAMME’S COACHES AND MENTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SUPPORT PROGRAMME’S PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, INFORMATION OR DECISIONS MADE IN THE COURSE OF THE SUPPORT PROGRAMME OR FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ECONOMIC DAMAGES OR INJURY TO PROPERTY AND LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PARTY OR PARTIES HAD BEEN ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW OR IN FACT DID KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- All participating teams agree to participate in media and press opportunities strictly related to MediaMotorEurope and Startup Europe. These opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- All participating teams may be asked to provide short written descriptions that will be made available to the media and may be released publicly, either in part or in its entirety.
- All participating teams may be asked to speak to the media for support programme’s related interviews when requested by MediaMotorEurope.
- All participating teams may be asked to provide quotes, audiovisual testimonials and/or content for any support programme’s related press releases.
- Participating in media and press opportunities in no way requires participating teams to disclose any proprietary or otherwise confidential information related to their ventures.
- MediaMotorEurope takes the protection of personal data seriously. All personal data information shared by is only used for the purposes of the project and all rights (including Intellectual Property Rights) are kept exclusively by the applicants themselves. All data are stored in internal databases (exclusive to the project partners) or EU compliant platforms such as F6S and the MME platform. MediaMotorEurope maintains the required protection of personal data and full compliance to all the Data Regulations in force in national and European legislation about the protection of personal data and has established all the technical means in their reach to avoid the loss, misuse, alteration, access to unauthorised persons and theft of the data provided to this entity, notwithstanding that security measures on the Internet are not impregnable. By submitting its application, the applicant consents to its involvement in the project activities and accepts these principles on data disclosure, data storage, preservation, opening and sharing of own data and data created.