The EBRD’s Star Venture programme identifies high potential, innovative start-ups which are ready for lift off.
We support them with world-class business advice and access to finance to strengthen their performance and accelerate their life cycle.
Star Venture assigns these start-ups advisory projects tailored to their specific competencies and needs. Our consulting services cover a wide range of segments, including strategy, business planning, finance, operations, organisation, marketing and sales among others.
What we offer
- Business diagnostics workshops
- Customised consulting projects
- Online/in-person mentoring sessions
- Global networks of business partners
- Access to finance
Are you eligible?
- You are based in one of 30 countries listed here
- You have an annual turnover of up to €1 million
- You have been in business for less than 5 years
- You have the technology that makes your business scalable
- You must be primarily locally owned and have less than 50 per cent of foreign ownership. By foreign ownership we mean outside of the EBRD regions.
- The enterprise’s main areas of activity fall under any business area except: military products or services, gambling, tobacco, alcoholic drinks
Do you fit the profile?
- You demonstrate a high potential to scale
- You have a competitive advantage
- You display a strong market opportunity
- You are committed to continuous engagement throughout the programme
How to apply
Every year, we select a cohort of start-ups to join the programme on a competitive basis. A call for applications will be announced here and will be promoted across our corporate social media channels. For further enquiries, please contact us at StarVenture@ebrd.com
Call for applications
We are currently receiving applications for the second cohort of high potential start-ups from the Western Balkans. Please check our eligibility criteria and click below to fill out an online application form by July 15th 2021.